Merge information of two links

Hi Amazing folks,
I am new to this community and I’m trying to model my first DB in DV2.
I need your support because I don’t know how to design a specific requirement of our application.
In the model I have 2 different Hubs, one to store information about the “table assets” (the BKs are table name, schema, db) and another to store “file assets” (BKs are file name, file type, url).
All the assets can be in relation with other assets in a parent-child hierarchy.
For example, “table A” could be the parent of “table B” and “table B” the parent of “file C”.
To manage this situation I designed 2 different links, one to represent the parent-child hierarchy between the Hubs containing the table assets information (Hub Table Asset → Link parent-child → Hub Table Asset) and another link to manage the existing relationship between a File Asset and a Table Asset (Hub Table Asset → Link parent-child → Hub File Asset).
To calculate all the existing relationships between a table and others tables / files (the aim is to create a recursive function to calculate all the relationships of a selected file or table) I would like to create a new structure to store all the parent-child relations that I have in 2 separated links.
Is it possible? I’m trying to solve this problem but I’m not able to find a correct solution.

As you’ve explained things, Files and Tables are subtypes of Asset. Assets may be parents of other Assets.

If you model the data separately as File Asset and Table Asset you need four links to model parent of (File → Table, File - > File, Table → Table, Table → File).

If you want to merge all into one link, you can develop a business rule - it would have to create a synthesised bk for both assets (concatenate bk columns into one, as John Giles suggests in his Elephant in the Fridge book?) and create a business hub with a business link modelling the parent of relationship.

I’d take a look at using the form ‘parent of’ for the link. Is this the right business term given the circumstances? You can still use a hierarchical link just name it something more meaningful.