For JSON Source if there is a LINK why need HUB and SAT ?

Hi ,

I have this situation where the source is JSON schema which nested in three levels.
With my knowledge , I have decided to create three HUBS Customer , DIVISION , LOCATION and associated Satellite tables with descriptive fields.
But business always wants to see all three together , they want to see which customer has how many Divisions and each Division consists of how many locations.

So I have decided to create a LINK table combining the three Satellite tables with all the descriptive fields.

As per DV 2.0 , all the HUB , SATS and LINKS can be loaded parallelly , when I’m already loading LINK table with the relationship and LINK Satellite table with all the descriptive columns. ( the link and link sat loading process source is JSON ) .

So then why do I need HUBS and Satellites , when I’m not using them to build LINK , Link Satellite tables ?
Please shed some light. Much appreciate your help. Thank you.

{
“CreatedAt”:“2023-01-01”,
“Customer”: [
{
“CustomerCode”:“CUST123”,
“Field1”:“Data”
“Field2”:“Data”
“Field3”:“Data”
“Field4”:“Data”
“Divisions”:[
{
“DivisionCode”:“DIV1”
“Locatons”:[
{
“LocationAddress” : “123 St”
},
{
“LocationAddress” : “456 St”
}
]
},
{
“DivisionCode”:“DIV2”
“Locatons”:[
{
“LocationAddress” : “789 st”
},
{
“LocationAddress” : “104 St”
}
]
}
]
}
]
}

I’d recommend DV2.0 training, if you do not see the point of modelling as a DV then don’t

It sounds like you’re confusing the business data vault (used for reporting) with the raw data vault (which holds “raw” data). The business data vault object would present the data to the end user in the way you describe. Establishing hubs, links, and satellites in the raw data vault allows you to retain data from additional sources as it arises.

1 Like

Ohh…. got it. It looks like especially for this scenario there’s a thin line between RAW vault and Business Vault. Thanks for the tip.